This week was the first official week of Autumn. This is one of my favorite seasons for many reasons. Not only is it beautiful with all the color changes of the leaves, but it symbolizes the notion of change. A new season, brings new opportunities and new life to what you have been experiencing. Change can be scary, not all of us are the best at dealing with it. However, it can be so exciting to know that a shift is on the horizon. Whatever is coming your way with this new season, embrace it, thrive on it and allow yourself to be open and ready to take on anything! You could be awaiting an incredible transformation! While you dive into pumpkin spice everything, plan your new fall wardrobe, and get ready for the holidays coming up…here are a few fun facts about Autumn. Remember to embrace the change, and live life to the fullest this fall!
• In Western cultures, personifications of autumn are usually attractive, well-fed females covered with fruits, vegetables and grains that ripen at this time.
• Levels of testosterone in both men and women are at their highest in the fall! Scientists speculate the sudden increase may be a result of ancient mating instincts, or that less daylight somehow triggers it.
• A study in the Journal of Aging Research found that babies born during Autumn months are more likely to live to 100 than those born any other time in the year
• According to Greek legend, autumn begins when Persephone returns to Hades in the underworld. Heartbroken, her mother, the goddess of grain and harvest, allows the crops on Earth to die until her daughter returns in the spring.
• According to seasonal patterns of relationships in Facebook profiles, autumn is the time when more singles change their status to “In a Relationship” or “Engaged” than the yearly average. More breakups occur during the summertime.