We are only 11 days into the new year and already I am hearing from people that they are tired, stressed and struggling with getting back to work. Nothing can be a buzz kill for the new year and your new goals than getting stuck within the first 11 days.
Everyone deals with issues that make you want to pull the covers over your head, hit the snooze button and go back to bed. Believe me, I have those days too, but I am never able to do that. As a speaker, trainer, consultant and coach, I have clients waiting for me. I simply can’t call in sick, as others can do.
So here is my caffeine boost for you this week!
1. Positive mental attitude - stop looking at stress as negative and look at it as, “I am busy and that is a good thing.’
2. Be more proactive - Don’t wait for the appliance to break – look at the maintenance options for everything you own and get the paper work in order.
3. Turn the lights on and get out of the dark places.
4. Wake up to sunshine if possible.
5. Get competitive with yourself – give yourself small challenges weekly instead of big hairy, audacious goals that overwhelm you.
6. Get physical – exercise a bit more – you don’t have to be drastic but get out and walk.
7. Sing in the shower.
8. Try to turn off all technology for 10 minutes and just breathe.
9. Drink at least 2 liters of water each day.
10. Stop letting social media make you crazy.
Focusing on a positive outlook of the future will help you achieve your goals, live the life you want, and learn how to handle the speed bumps by just slowing down once in a while.
Let’s make the next 11 days of January become the best!