I am writing this from Mexico City where it is actually 60 degrees and rainy! I left Southern California where it was 100 degrees and so hot I couldn’t imagine a pumpkin latte!!!! I love the fall and I love the warmth it brings throughout your house.
As I think about the month of October you can’t help to think about Halloween. In Mexico City Halloween is called Dia De Muertos – Day of the Dead! Unlike Spectre there is no parade through the city centre but the city is decorated for the celebration.
I also am reminded this month of how popular the Zombie and The Walking Dead TV shows are. It clearly exhibits why Halloween continues to be a favorite holiday in the USA and around the globe. October 31st is the only night of the year when being a ‘fake’ is tolerated. The rest of the year, not so much.
So as we enter the 4th quarter of 2016, let’s remember a few things:
1. Authenticity means you are real
2. You only have 3 months left to make your quota
3. Regardless of what end of year celebration you engage in – better get yourself organized
4. Take time out this month to play in the fallen leaves! No fallen leaves? Take a nice walk through the woods
5. Plan something fun for Halloween – even if it means watching a scary movie and playing ‘make believe’ because before you know it, reality will set in once again.