Everyone is looking for the next idea, the one creative way to make more money, save time or build a better mousetrap. What is strange about this concept is that most people I run into are so focused on the world around them, they miss great opportunities to become more creative.
You need to look at the world around you. Some things are simple and still I hear people tell me they don't watch the news as it is depressing, or they don't have time to read the newspaper - you need to understand that it is so easy to put your head in the sand and ignore the creative signs just waiting to be read. Some tips to start you off this month:
1. Watch the news (even if just the headlines on your computer or iPad)
2. Be curious and ask those around you questions about anything and everything - remember people like to talk about themselves, so listen
3. Read outside of your interests or comfort zone - you will be amazed at what you learn
4. Take an e-learning class
6. Tutor a student
7. Take music lessons
8. Take a paint class
9. Spend 10 minutes a day on Pinterest
10. Start an inspiration board
Whatever you do, just change it up a bit. If you don't you are probably boring those around you and even yourself!